We've known for a long time that Riot Games will evolve from a League of Legends company to a publisher of "many games," and that the transition would be challenging. Our former account system, which wasn't as ready for us to turn into a multi-game developer as we'd want, is one area where we can improve. We discovered after some digging that we couldn't launch any more games until we made some substantial changes.
We understand that receiving an email or reminder that they need to create a new login is inconvenient. We also understand that the future of Riot lies in Riot Accounts, which you can use to log in to any of our games. As a result, we're making some changes to our account system, which may necessitate changing your login name.
Riot Login Name Change
If you wish to alter your Riot login name, you may do it in a few simple steps on the official website.
• You could be asked to log in using two-factor authentication or enter a code provided to your email address.
• Once you've riot login name change, you won't be able to alter it again for 30 days unless Riot flags your ID as offensive and compels you to do so.
Every 30 days, you may riot login name change and ID for free, although updating your ID might be a little tough. After signing into your official Riot Games ID, you may alter your Riot Games ID and username on the official riotgames.com account page. You may either follow our instructions or file a ticket to the support team, who will take care of your request. Both methods work, however changing your name in Valorant might take a day or more, whereas changing your Riot Games ID and username is much simpler.
How to Change Riot Login Name
To update your riot login name , follow the steps below. If needed, you may be asked to complete two-factor authentication or email verification during the procedure.
1. Go to https://account.riotgames.com/riot-id and create an account.
2. Fill in your login information.
3. If the website asks for id verification, check your email.
4. If necessary, enter the one-time authentication code from your email.
5. From the menu, choose Riot ID.
6. To change your username, click the pencil symbol.
7. Pick a new name for yourself.
8. Select Save.
You may adjust your associated accounts, change your email, and account password from the same menu. You should be able to change your Riot Games ID and username when the 30-day cooling period has elapsed. If your account is flagged as offensive, Riot will change your name and disable all cool downs.
What is the location of my Riot ID?
If you forget where you signed up for a new Riot ID, you may log in and it will be a combination of your name, a hashtag, and some numerals. Some IDs don't use numbers to identify you, instead of relying on your location.
If you are from Western Europe, your ID can appear like AFKGaming#EUW. Once you have your ID ready, you can change your name in Valorant using the official website. Riot's name change feature is unusual in that it lets you change your display name as well as your hashtag. You can also ask for region transfers, which change the hashtag or code number.
Is it Expensive to Change Your Riot Games ID and Username?
The name change service is completely free. In League of Legends, however, there is a charge to change your Summoner name, which does not apply in other games.
Riot Login Forgot Password
Have you forgotten your password?
2. Select "Forgot Password?" from the drop-down box.
3. Select the country or area where your account is based.
4. Type in the account name that is the same as yours.
We will send you an email with further instructions to the email address connected with your League of Legends account if you request a password reset through the website.
If Your Riot Login Failed.
If the following error code appears in your League of Legends client. And your riot login failed and face "The login session encountered an unexpected issue. Please try one more." To repair it, follow the actions indicated below.
1. On the client, press Alt+F4 and select "sign out" rather than "leave."
2. Open Task Manager and close all instances of RiotClientServices.exe and LeagueofLegends.exe by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
3. Log in to the League of Legends (or Riot Games!) client once more.
If you're still having problems, try repeating these steps and closing the software "KillerServiceNetwork.exe," since it's possible that this program is prioritizing bandwidth for your online broadcasts and limiting bandwidth for League of Legends, causing you to disconnect.