Discord has suddenly gained popularity. It is also a messaging app, but it has lots of new features. It was initially made for gamers around. Discord is a perfect place if you wish to communicate while gaming. It has various options where you can create servers and customize them. The admin has full control over the channels, and they can access different positions to various members. According to DoMyWriting, they can create various messaging groups inside a single server and specify if which members have access to messages in those channels. There are voice channels also where you Can have meetings and video call conferences. Members can also live stream in there, and the viewers can switch between the multiple streams that are going on.
Discord is a very widespread app, even for official team meetings. Discord is currently widely used at school levels or college levels club work. Lots of students must have an account there. Moreover, it is highly recommended to have a discord account to keep up with the changing trend.
To start using discord, you will have to create and set up a discord account. Through this account, you can use discord in your preferred web browser and quickly find communities that interest you. Discord allows you to customize the whole thing and specify how to get notified about a specific community. You can also set up a reminder, schedule meetings, and stay tension-free as discord keeps you updated.
Creating a discord account is very simple, and it has various benefits. Here we present to you a complete guide of how to create a discord account.
- Go to the website discordapp.com.
- Then you have to click on open discord in the browser.
- Then there will be a box that will ask for the username. Enter the username and click on the arrow to move to the next step.
- After this, you will get a captcha that has to be completed as directed.
- Then you have to proceed by clicking on get started. This will create a new server; however, if you can skip which will skip this part and directly complete the creation of your new discord account.
- The final step of completion of this process is to enter your email id as well as set a password. This step is to secure your account. Once done, click in claim the account, and congratulations, you have finally created your discord account.
- After the completion, a pop-up link will appear that will ask you to install the desktop version of discord. You can click on X if you want to skip the process.
- To finally access your account, you will have to go to the registered email id. There you will find a verification link. Click on that link to verify your email, and then you can freely access your discord account.
Discord is all about connecting and talking to your friends. This is done by adding friends; that is, you can add other discord accounts to your account.
On the home page, only you will get an option to add friends. In the prompt, you will have to add the friend you wish to add.
Discord username is a name followed by # and some numbers. This is a unique identifier for each user. You can also directly add a friend by going to the required profile and add them. A request will be sent to your friend, and once they have successfully accepted your request, you guys will be friends.
Discord servers are the basic building blocks of the discord communities. Once you have joined discord, it is vital to add communities that interest you. These might be gaming or professional servers. To add a server, you will have to click on the magnifying glasses that are on the top left. There, in the search bar, type the keywords of a server that might interest you. After finding the suitable server, click on join server. It is very easy to leave the server as well. Just right-click on the server icon, and they will give an option to leave the server. Click yes and confirm your decision in the prompt.
You can customize the discord channels by right-clicking on the server icon. The mute option will stop the notifications that you receive from that server. However, you will get a notification if someone mentions you. You can also exclusively choose what types of messages you prefer to receive a notification about.
Discord has gained lots of popularity which started through the gaming community only. Now, people use discord for a variety of reasons. They also have inbuilt bots and other features. discord is a very cool modern app, and it is very fun to use. You should definitely try it!