Just like any other application the Facebook also hold some key rules and regulation on which it operates. Even if forgotten your details or some other problem comes in while login in, there is no need to panic, we are here to tell you how to avoid these problems.
How to recover your Facebook account if you are logged out?
Check Facebook on your other devices
We often find ourselves logged out and then start applying all forget password tactics without thinking this through. First, check your other devices, if you are logged out from android you may be still logged in with a PC, if you are logged out in PC you may be still on smartphones. If one of the above holds true it will be easier for you to recover since you will only need to change the password from the settings.
To change your password follow the following steps one by one carefully:
- In the top right corner of the screen, you will find a drop-down menu, open that menu, and select settings from that menu.
- In the settings menu choose the Security and login option.
- Under the Login option, you will find another menu. Select Change Password from there, then click on the Edit to change your password. This is when you remember your password.
- In case you have forgotten your password go to the “Forgotten Your Password?”, and change your password by following the instructions.
When you Forgot your Facebook password, Log Into Facebook Using Account Recovery Options:
If you are logged out of all of your devices then the first thing to try is, try logging back in by using Facebook’s default account recovery options. The steps to carry on are as following:
- Open your Facebook app or open Facebook in the browser, go to the home screen. In the Login window click on the “Forgotten account?”, it will be on the top right corner of the screen. This will guide you to the “Find Your Account” window. From there you can choose different options to identify or recover your account.
- First, you can choose whether you want to use your email or a phone number to recover your account. I suggest choose the option about which you are sure, that you have entered it in your Facebook account for recovery or not because Facebook will end your confirmation codes on that. If you are not able to recall the right credentials or unable to log in with those details then you can also try and use a different email or a phone number of yours.
- If you feed more than one email or phone number while creating Facebook Account, it is really helpful since you can use any one of them, your chances of recovery increase. It will only help if you remember your password or stored it in your password manager.
How to Avoid Viruses and Malware on Facebook?
What if your account is compromised?
The first thing you should if you notice something like this change your password to a strong and unique one, use letters, digits, and symbols to come up with a strong password.
If you are sure of your credentials and still cannot log in, you can report that your account was hacked.
- All the apps and services you have logged in as a Facebook user logout from all of those, also from those who have the same password or user name as your Facebook account. it is important because any virus that has obtained your password can have access to those services too.
- Go to settings and check all your apps, if any of the apps seem insecure and suspicious. When you use your Facebook account to login to apps like Instagram, Tinder, etc., they extract all the information of your Facebook. After your account s hacked you may give access to any unwanted app.
- If you wish to remove such app who are accessing your Facebook data follow these sites:
- Go to the Facebook App or in the browser, log in to your account.
- Click on the menu icon on the right top of the window, then click on the Settings option.
- Go to the Apps and Websites on the left side of the page which has just been opened.
- Check suspicious apps from Active Apps and Websites, then click on the blue remove button. And also check “delete all posts……”.
Social media is a delicate platform because of its popularity and virality power. For the same reason people love Facebook, the same reasons warrant extra care while dealing with thousands of netizens at the same time. Be extra careful about your credentials, keep changing passwords, keep separate passwords for different apps. Keep two or more than two recovery mails or phone numbers so if one goes out of commission you can use the other one.