Issues that occur when trying to access or Log in to My PayPal Account are typically caused by an incorrect login email address or password. Here's what to check if you can't remember them correctly.
The below article will help you if you are getting the below-mentioned issues,
- paypal account login forgot password
- paypal account login and password
- paypal account can't log in
- create a paypal account or log in
If I Forgot My Password, How Do I Get One?
Your first step is to reset your password using the Lost Your Password tool on your account page. You will need to provide the email address you used when Logging in to My PayPal Account , together with a valid phone number and/or ID documents sent to that email address.
1. Call PayPal customer service at 1-888-221-1161 and try to reset your password over the phone.
2. Reset your password using the Lost Your Password tool on myaccount.paypal.com. Enter your email address and click Submit). You will be asked for additional information (a phone number, ID documents including a photo of yourself with the document in hand, and a note from the account to which the PayPal payment should be sent).
I Keep Getting An Error Message When I Try to Log In or Reset My Password
If you attempted to reset your password and received a message that there was a problem such as "Invalid ID" or "Account does not exist," call PayPal customer care at 1-888-221-1161. You are not able to reset your password by using the Lost Your Password tool on myaccount.paypal.com If you attempt to log in with an incorrect password, you will receive a message saying "Invalid email address or password" and the following page will display:
1. Enter your login email address in the Email Address box
2. Click Continue
3. Enter your password in the Password box and then click Continue. If you receive an error message that says "Your account has been limited" or "Please enter a different email address," call PayPal customer care at 1-888-221-1161 (for U.S. customers) or go to www.paypal.com/help for international customers. You are not able to login, but the page will display after you click Continue
How to Fix Problems with Your Login Email Address
It's possible that either PayPal or eBay has changed your email address without letting you know, which can cause problems if it happens so that your primary email address is now invalid.
1. Go to www.paypal.com and sign in by entering your login email address and password. If you can't remember them, follow the instructions on that page for Lost Your Password.
2. Click on Personal > My Account > Addresses on the top toolbar to check the status of your primary email address listed under Email Addresses.
3. If you need to change your email address or simply want to be sure that it's correct, click Update below the Email Addresses section and then enter a new email address in the boxes provided. Click Submit
4. Confirm Change by clicking on "Yes, update my information" at the bottom of the page.
5. Enter your login email address to verify the change by clicking Log In after you've updated your information. If you still can't remember or locate someone's PayPal email address, try searching for them using this tool which compares names and other personal information against public records.
If you need help recovering a lost account because of missing information, contact PayPal customer service at 1-888-221-1161.
I Can't Access My Account at PayPal
If you can't log in to your account, try the suggestions below that apply to your situation. If you still require assistance, contact PayPal customer support at 1-888-221-1161 or visit www.paypal.com/support
3. Check for any suspicious activity on your account by logging into your PayPal security center.
4. If you can't remember or find someone's PayPal email address, try searching for them using this tool which compares names and other personal information against public records.
5. Check if your account is locked by clicking on Security > Change Password to the right of the Account Overview.
6. If you have questions about your account, contact PayPal customer service at 1-888-221-1161 or visit www.paypal.com/help
I Keep Receiving an Error Message about My Payment Method
If you've been unable to add a new payment method to pay for transactions with PayPal, call us on 1-888-221-1161 or go to www.paypal.com/help. We'll help you change your existing payment methods if needed.
Update any of these 3 settings if necessary - Security Question, Password hint, or Security Code (CVV) number.
If you still can't log in after updating your security settings, you'll need to perform a password reset. Login by entering your main email address and password. Then, click on the Lost Your Password tool, enter your account information and follow the steps to verify your identity. After clicking Continue, you'll be asked if you want to do a "Forgot Password" or a "Send New Password" reset.
Once your password is reset, enter the new password into the login screen and then try logging in again. If you still can't Log in to My PayPal Account because of problems with your payment method, please contact us on 1-888-221-1161.
I've Been Locked Out of My PayPal Account
After 3 unsuccessful login attempts, you'll be locked out of your account for a period of 30 minutes and won't be able to access it until the lockout is lifted. If you believe this is an error and that someone else isn't trying to use your account, we can help you reset your password. Contact PayPal customer service on 1-888-221-1161 or visit www.paypal.com/support
I Want to Change My Password
If you haven't received a password reminder email, click the " Forgot your password? " link when attempting to log in and follow the steps in the form to reset your account's password.
So these were the few steps that you can follow to solve some of the common issues that people generally face while using PayPal as a payment processor. If you still have any queries regarding this topic, feel free to ask those via comments. Also don't forget to share it with your friends and family on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and others.